Teff, chocolate and hazelnut cookies
- 100 g teff flour
- 30 g white rice flour
- 20 g tapioca flour
- 100 g toasted hazelnuts ground
- 50 g cacao powder
- 70 g coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 100 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 chia eggs 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds + 5 tablespoons water, stir and let it sit for 5-10 minutes
- 30-40 g chopped dark chocolate optional
Preheat oven to 180 °C. Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper or prepare small silicone cookie molds.
To prepare chia eggs simply grind chia seeds in a coffee grinder. Mix 2 tablespoons of ground chia seeds with 6 tablespoons of water. Stir and let it rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
Melt the coconut oil and coconut cream in a medium pot over low heat. Stir until smooth. Let it cool down a bit.
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl: teff flour, rice flour, tapioca, ground hazelnuts, cacao powder, coconut sugar, baking powder.
Now add melted coconut oil and coconut cream plus chia eggs to the bowl. Use a hand mixer and mix for a couple of minutes until it all comes together. Adjust sweetness if needed.
Optional: Once it’s done, add finely chopped chocolate to the mixture and mix it again (best by hand)
Shape cookies and put them on the baking sheet.
Bake for approx. approx. 15 minutes (depending on the size of the cookies).
Leave them to cool down a bit. Cookies will continue to firm up while cooling.
Serving suggestion: Drizzle with chocolate