Double chocolate brownies
- 70 g teff flour
- 80 g Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 100 g toasted almonds ground
- 100 g coconut sugar
- 70 g cacao powder
- 2 chia eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 150 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 50 g tahini
- 10-15 tablespoons almond milk depending on how thick the coconut cream is
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 60 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons agave
Preheat oven to 180° C. Line the square pan (20 x 20 cm) with baking paper.
In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
To prepare chia eggs simply grind chia seeds in a coffee grinder. Mix 2 tablespoons of grounded chia seeds with 6 tablespoons of water. Stir and let it rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
Melt the coconut oil and coconut cream in a medium pot over low heat. Let it cool down a bit.
Pour the wet ingredients into a bowl with dry ingredients and mix it with a stand or hand mixer for a couple of minutes until it all comes together.
Pour the mixture into the square pan and bake for approx. 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool down.
Melt the chocolate in a medium pot over low heat. Stir until smooth. Let it cool down a bit.
Add coconut cream, melted chocolate, and agave to the blender and blend until smooth and silky.
Spread the topping evenly all over the cake.
Place the cake in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to allow the topping to firm up.
Top with berries.
Always chill your coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight, being sure not to shake or tip the can to encourage separation of the cream and liquid.