- 60 g cashews previously soaked minimum 4 hours
- 60 g hazelnuts roasted, ground
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 200 g coconut cream scoop the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 90 g dates previously soaked minimum 1 hour
For the melted chocolate, melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and chocolate over low heat in a medium pot.
Drain cashews and dates and place them in a blender. Add all the other ingredients: ground hazelnuts, coconut cream, cacao powder and melted chocolate. Blend on high speed until mixture becomes smooth and creamy. Adjust sweetness.
Put the mixture in a bowl and place it in the freezer for about an hour or so until almost solid.
Once firm, scoop out portions of the mixture with a teaspoon and roll them into balls with your hands. It is a bit of a delicate process and can be a bit messy, but so worth it in the end.
Try to roll them as quickly as possible.
Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or best overnight. This allows them to set and firm up.
Before serving, toss them in cacao powder to coat.