Chocolate-hazelnut chickpea flour muffins
- 100 g chickpea flour
- 50 g oat flour
- 100 g toasted hazelnuts ground
- 70-80 g coconut sugar
- 40 g cacao powder
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 200 ml almond milk +1-2 tablespoons (if the batter is too thick)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 chia egg (1 tablespoon ground chia seeds + 3 tablespoons water)
- 60 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 2-3 tablespoons agave
Preheat oven to 180 °C. Grease muffin tins with coconut oil or prepare muffin silicone baking cups.
To prepare chia egg, simply grind 1 tablespoon of chia seeds in a coffee grinder. Mix it with 3 tablespoons of water. Stir and let it rest for 10 minutes to thicken.
In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Now add almond milk and 1 chia egg and mix it with a stand or hand mixer for a couple of minutes until it all comes together. Add 5 tablespoons coconut oil and mix until combined.
Spread the batter into prepared muffin tins and bake for approx. 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let it cool down a bit.
Top with chocolate ganache or simply drizzle with chocolate.
Melt the chocolate in a medium pot over low heat.
Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth and silky.
Spread the topping all over the top of the cake. Top with berries and chocolate.