- 60 g roasted hazelnuts
- 60 g cashews
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 200 g cashews previously soaked for minimum 4 hours
- 100 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 100 g hazelnuts ground
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons date syrup
- 1 heaped teaspoon raw cacao powder
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk or any other alternative
- 30-40 g dark chocolate for the drizzle
Line the base of a 12 cm spring form cake tin with baking paper.
Place hazelnuts and cashews in a food processor and process until they are finely ground. Add cacao powder, coconut oil, and date syrup. Process until mixture sticks together. Adjust sweetness.
Once it’s all combined, press the crust mixture into the cake tin, making sure you press it out evenly. Place it in the fridge.
Drain cashews and place them in a blender. Add coconut cream, hazelnuts, coconut oil, date syrup, and cacao powder. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
If the mixture is too thick add 2-3 tablespoons almond milk.
Pour the filling over the crust.
Place the cake in the freezer to set for at least couple of hours or leave it in the fridge overnight.
Melt chocolate over low heat in a medium pot. Let it cool down a bit. Drizzle the melted chocolate around the top edge of the cake.