Chocolate, hazelnut and chickpea truffles
- 120 g dates previously soaked for minimum 1 hour
- 80 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 200 g chickpeas cooked and peeled
- 100 g hazelnuts roasted and ground
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3-4 tablespoons date syrup
Melt chocolate over low heat in a medium pot. Set aside.
Drain dates and place them in a blender. Add all the other ingredients: coconut cream, chickpeas, hazelnuts, melted chocolate, melted coconut oil and date syrup. Blend on high speed until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy. Adjust sweetness.
Transfer the mixture to the bowl and put it in the fridge overnight to firm up. In the morning, scoop out portions of the mixture with a teaspoon and roll them into balls with your hands.
Dip the balls in chocolate or toss them in cacao powder to coat. Keep it in the fridge.