Chickpeas, chocolate and tahini muffins
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas approx. 200 g or 1 can
- 2 flax eggs 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds + 5 tablespoons water
- 60 g cacao powder
- 70 g coconut sugar
- 80 g tahini
- 120 g apple sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 40 g dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6-7 tablespoons almond milk
- 20 g dark chocolate chopped
Preheat oven to 180 °C.
Grease muffin tins with coconut oil or prepare muffin silicone baking cups.
To prepare flax eggs, simply grind flax seeds in a coffee grinder. Mix 2 tablespoons of grounded flax seeds with 5 tablespoons of water and stir well. Place the bowl of flax eggs in the fridge for a minimum of 15 minutes.
Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until fully combined and smooth. If the mixture is too thick, you can add 6-7 tablespoons of almond milk and process again.
Spread the mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for approx. 18-20 minutes.
Remove them from the oven and let them cool down completely before removing them from the tins. Muffins will continue to firm up while cooling.
Drizzle with melted chocolate.