Chickpea, peanuts and chocolate truffles
- 190-200 g chickpeas cooked and peeled (if you use canned chickpeas, usually 1 can is enough)
- 100 g peanuts roasted and ground
- 100 g dates previously soaked for minimum 2 hours
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 60 g dark chocolate
- 60 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 4-5 tablespoons almond milk or any other plant milk
- 1 tablespoon agave
For the melted chocolate, melt 4 tablespoons of coconut oil and chocolate over low heat in a medium pot. Let it cool down a bit and set aside.
Drain dates and squeeze out any excess water and put them in a blender. Add chickpeas, ground peanuts, cacao, coconut cream, melted chocolate. Blend on high speed until mixture becomes smooth and creamy. Adjust sweetness by adding 1 tablespoon agave if necessary.
If the mixture is too thick to blend add up to 4-5 tablespoons almond milk.
Put the mixture in a bowl and place it in the freezer for about one to two hours until almost solid.
Once firm, scoop out portions of the mixture with a teaspoon and roll them into balls with your hands. Try to roll them as quickly as possible.
Put them in the fridge, best overnight. This allows them to set and firm up.
Before serving, roll them again with your hands to make a perfect ball and toss them in dark chocolate flakes to coat. Store in the fridge.