Chickpea and chocolate mini cakes
- 50 g roasted almonds
- 50 g roasted hazelnuts
- 50 g dates previously soaked for minimum 1 hour
- 1 level tablespoon raw cacao powder
- date syrup if, needed, for extra sweetness
- 200 g chickpeas
- 200 g dates previously soaked for 2-3 hours
- 50 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 100 g roasted hazelnuts ground
- 100 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 80 g dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons agave
Line the base of two mini 10 or 11 cm springform cake tins with baking paper.
Place almonds and hazelnuts in a food processor and process until they are finely ground. Add drained dates and cacao powder and process until the mixture sticks together. Adjust sweetness by adding date syrup if necessary.
Divide the mixture between two cake tins and press down firmly to form the base. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
Melt coconut cream and chocolate over low heat in a medium pot. Set aside.
Drain dates and place them in the blender. Add chickpeas, melted coconut cream, and chocolate, and blend until you get a thick cream.
Add ground hazelnuts and process again until well combined. Adjust sweetness if necessary.
Spread the chocolate cream on top of the crusts. Place the cakes in the fridge, best overnight.
Melt chocolate over low heat in a medium pot. Stir until smooth. Let it cool down a bit.
Add coconut cream, melted chocolate and agave to the blender and blend shortly until smooth.
Using a teaspoon, carefully spread chocolate topping over the cakes. Put the cakes in the fridge for half an hour to allow the topping to firm up.
Top with berries.