Chickpea and chocolate fudge bites
- 200 g chickpeas cooked and peeled
- 200 g date paste
- 50 g creamed coconut highly concentrated coconut in a firm block
- 60 g dark chocolate
- 50 g cranberries
- 100 g roasted hazelnuts 50 g ground, 50 g whole
Melt the creamed coconut and chocolate over low heat in a medium pot. Stir until smooth and set aside.
Place chickpeas and date paste in a food processor and process until combined completely. Transfer to a bowl.
Add melted chocolate and creamed coconut mixture, 50 g ground hazelnuts, and cranberries and stir well until combined. You can also use a hand mixer for this if you'd like.
Now press the mixture into small silicone muffin molds and put a couple of whole, roasted hazelnuts on top.
Place in a fridge for an hour or so, this allows them to set and firm up. If you are in a hurry, place in a freezer for about 30 minutes.
Store in a fridge.
1. For this recipe, I used store-bought date paste, like this one: https://amzn.to/2IrP74J
2. Creamed coconut is a highly concentrated coconut in a firm block. Check out the link if you are not familiar with it: https://amzn.to/2Iq3vKC