Cherry, coconut, and chocolate cake
- 80 g toasted almonds
- 20 g rolled oats
- 50 g dates soak for min 1 hr
- 10 g cacao powder
- 250 g cashews soaked for min 4 hrs
- 100 g coconut cream the thickened cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons agave
- 25 g shredded coconut
- 100 g cherries chopped
- 60 g dark chocolate
- 80 g coconut cream the thickened cream from a can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons agave
Line the base of a 12 cm cake tin with baking paper.
Place all the ingredients in the food processor and process until the mixture sticks together. Adjust sweetness.
Press the crust mixture into the cake tin, making sure you press it out evenly.
Drain cashews and place them in a blender. Add all the other ingredients and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
Gently fold in fresh cherries with a spatula.
Pour the filling over the crust. Place the cake in the freezer to set for at least 3-4 hours.
Melt chocolate over low heat in a medium pot. Stir until smooth.
Add coconut cream, melted chocolate and agave to the blender and blend shortly until smooth.
Spread the frosting on top of the cake. Top with cherries.