- 200 g dates previously soaked for minimum 2 hours
- 50 g coconut cream a highly concentrated coconut in a firm block (or you can use 6 tablespoons coconut oil instead)
- 60 g dark chocolate
- 100 g roasted almonds chopped
- 100 g rolled oats
- 30 g chia seeds
- 30 g sunflower seeds
- 20 g quinoa puffs
- 70 g dried cranberries
- 30 g goji berries
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon date syrup for extra sweetness, if needed
- 100 g dark chocolate for dipping, optional
Line the square pan (20 x 20 cm) with baking paper.
Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl.
Melt the coconut cream (or coconut oil) and chocolate over low heat in a medium pot. Stir until smooth.
Drain dates and add them to the blender. Blend shortly until you get a thick paste.
Mix date paste and melted chocolate with dry ingredients and stir well until combined. You can also use a hand mixer for this.
Press the mixture down firmly into prepared pan. Place it in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up.
Remove it from the pan and chop it into bars or squares.
If you'd like, you can dip bars in melted chocolate but they are perfectly delicious on their own.