Blue spirulina, blueberry, and chocolate cake
- 50 g toasted almonds
- 10 g chia seeds
- 10 g rolled oats
- 10 g cacao powder 1 tablespoon
- 50 g dates previously soaked for minimum 1 hour
- agave if needed, for extra sweetness
- 200 g cashews previously soaked for minimum 4 hours
- 50 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 3-4 tablespoons agave
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 50 g fresh blueberries
- 1.5-2 teaspoons blue spirulina
Extra (for the drizzle)
- 50 g dark chocolate
Line the base of a 10 cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
Place almonds and rolled oats in a food processor and process until they are finely ground. Add drained dates, chia seeds, and cacao powder and process until the mixture sticks together. Adjust sweetness.
Once it’s all combined, press the crust mixture into the cake tin, making sure you press it out evenly.
Place it in the fridge.
Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
Pour the filling onto the cake base.
Place the cake in the freezer to set for at least 4-5 hours.
Before serving, drizzle with melted chocolate and top with berries.
Always chill your coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight, being sure not to shake or tip the can to encourage separation of the cream and liquid.